Strawberries and Cream Trifle
- 1 Package Sugar Free/Fat Free instant vanilla pudding mix (You could also try cheesecake/white chocolate/or lemon sugar free pudding instead of vanilla. You can also use regular pudding, but it will add more sugar/calories to the dish)
- 3 Cups fat free cold milk
- 1 Angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes (you could even buy a sugar free angel food cake if you are sensitive to sugar, but I find that the real thing tastes better in this dish!)
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh strawberries, sliced lengthwise (or frozen strawberries, thawed and sliced lengthwise)
- 1 (12 ounce) container light frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare pudding with milk according to package directions.
- To the pudding mixture, add half of the cool whip. (Set the rest of the cool whip aside to garnish on top of each trifle).
- Make layers in clear glass cups (or in a trifle dish/big glass bowl if you prefer) starting with the angel food cake, pudding/cool whip mix, and strawberries.
- Repeat until the cups (or trifle dish/bowl) are full.
- Garnish with the left over whipped topping, a few strawberries, and chocolate shavings (if you desire!)
- Cover and chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving. (I find overnight works best to get all the flavors married!)
Servings:10 (1 cup servings)
Calories:135 per serving